Taizé is a way of slowing down and pulling back from the busyness and cacophony of sound that bombards us every day. It includes meditative chanting featuring live music, a reading of the Hebrews Scriptures as well as the Gospel. It also includes intercessory prayer and most importantly, time of silence. It is a gift to the community that all might develop peace in their souls and with each other. If your church is offering a Taizé style service, let us know and we'll include it.
- Caldwell UMC in Caldwell, NJ - On the third Saturday of each month from 5 - 6 pm
- Old First UMC in West Long Branch, NJ - Every Wednesday at 6:45 pm
- Tenafly UMC in Tenafly, NJ: Every Thursday at 7:00 pm
- New City UMC, 76 Congers Rd., New City, NY - On the second and fourth Wednesdays at 7:30 pm (September through June)
- Montgomery UMC - First Saturday of the month (October through June), 5:00 pm. Holy Communion
- Aldersgate UMC in East Brunswick. Every second Sunday of the month at 7:30PM. These are held in the Sanctuary.
- First UMC Millville in Millville, NJ - On the third Sunday of each month at 7pm in the Sanctuary